Sunday, July 10, 2011

My heart's a stereo.

Some random stuff I thought was worth making a quick blog about!


Gorgeous Emily, I'm so happy for her and Nate, (and really jealous they've found their happily ever after) Her wedding was beautiful, and so much fun. I could tell she worked so hard, and i hope she knows it was well worth it because it turned out perfect!
I'm so happy I had the opportunity to be a bridesmaid!


LAKE POWELL!





So I'm super sick of my hair lately, I wanna do something with it.. but cant decide between ...

Darrrrrk Brown.

OR Blonde?
I want the blonde I think.. But its just such hard work to keep it all healthy. I guess we'll see what I'm feeling the day I end up going to the salon.

AND for the Grand Finally
,


Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
This hit me hard today. I've been really bad at reading my scriptures this past month.. which is strange because I went years without missing a day. The realization of how much the Lord does for me makes me feel terrible when I cant even put 10 minutes of my day away to remembering Thee.

To go along with the quote:
To atone is to suffer the penalty for sins, thereby removing the effects of sin from the repentant sinner and allowing him or her to be reconciled to God. Jesus Christ was the only one capable of carrying out the Atonement for all mankind. Because of His Atonement, all people will be resurrected, and those who obey His gospel will receive the gift of eternal life with God.
When we give in to temptation, we are alienated from God, and if we continue in sin, we experience spiritual death, being separated from His presence. We are all subject to temporal death, which is the death of the physical body
This is why the Atonement is so important.

My Goal: Grow closer to Christ.
I know this should always be a goal I'm trying to accomplish.. but I'm gonna work extra hard on it lately... because I really need Thee more then ever.

The main things that discourage me in life (and I'm sure everyone else) are things like Rejection, feeling unloved, loneliness, being talked about by others, temptations..
I've came to realize that heavenly father went thought the same things we all do,

1. Jesus was rejected in his hometown of Nazareth. Mark 6:1-6

2. He was talked about because he made friends with people who were not popular. (The story of Zacchaeus) Luke 19:

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchæus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

3. He was tempted. Mathew 4:

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

4. As he prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, his Apostles fell asleep. Mathew 26
39
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father if it be possible, let this Cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will but as thou wilt.
40And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

5. Peter denied knowing him three times

74Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
75And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

So Basically what I'm trying to say is Jesus understands us. Our Trials will help us grow closer to Thee.

Doctrine & Covenants 88:
63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Growing near to Thee doesn't just happen overnight.. this is why we have the church, to help us out, step by step as we go throughout our lives.
I'm so thankful to be apart of this church.

My Name is Mahala, and I need thee every hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment